How You Can Help
The NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust raises money in direct support of the Racing NSW and Corrective Services NSW Throughbred Rehabilitation Program.
All wages and administration costs of the Throughbred Rehabilitation Program are currently donated by Racing NSW, meaning that every dollar donated to the NSW TRT goes directly to the care of horses in the Program.
The NSW TRT is a registered charity and all donations are tax deductible.
You can make a donation online:
Donate online today (via secure CBA eGate)
You can make a donation by direct deposit:
||Trustee NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust
Please email the confirmation details of your direct deposit in order to receive a tax receipt (including name, date of transfer and amount donated)
You can make a donation by credit card by:
Completing this form or calling 02 9551 7500
You can send a cheque to:
NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust
Level 7, 51 Druitt St
Sydney NSW 2000
You can make provision in your will for a bequest to the NSW Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust, find out more by calling 02 9551 7500
How To Donate A Horse
Alternatively, if you have a retired NSW Thoroughbred racehorse that you would like to donate to the Trust for admission into the Thoroughbred Retraining Program then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Racing NSW’s Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Manager Scott Brodie on 0448 088 844.
To be accepted into the program, a horse must fit the following criteria:
Horses donated to the Trust will be surrendered to Racing NSW for retraining and sale. Racing NSW reinvests all proceeds from the sale of these horses back into the Thoroughbred Retraining Program
Back to top
- Be a Thoroughbred filly / mare, colt / stallion or rig, gelding
- Have been racing prepared or raced in New South Wales
- Be physically sound, however respiratory issues will be assessed individually
- Be free of stable vices and other neurotic behaviours, however vices such As’ wind sucking’, ‘weaving’, ‘circling’, ‘wood biting’ or ‘cribbing’ will be Assessed individually
- Be assessed in regard to temperament and suitability for re-education
- Vaccinations required, Tetanus, Strangles and Equine Herpes Virus Vaccine (Duvaxyn EHV)